The Eating for a Healthier You Spring Cleanse consists of 5 weekly classes and a complete online 28 Day Cleanse Program, which has loads of good info, videos, recipes and more. The class is taught by Bryn Perkins, who trained as a PA, and has had a long term interest in the relationship between the brain and our behavior, the choices we make and how we feel. You can read more about how this program came to be at the site:
There are 2 separate series of classes held at different locations: Eastern View Integrative Medicine on Tilley Drive in South Burlington and TOMGIRL Juice Co. on Pine Street in Burlington.
- At Eastern View, we will have a breakout session for returning folks.
- At TOMGIRL: Option to arrive early to pick up soup or salad from Tomgirl and eat at the community table there with other participants! (5-5:45pm)
- Most people do our program because they want to optimize their health or feel better... more vibrant. Many people want to lose weight, and learn new strategies to keep it off! Others have pain or have inflammatory conditions and want to see if the food they are eating is contributing. Some participants have been told by their doctor that they have elevated cholesterol or blood pressure or that their sugar metabolism is off. Almost everyone wants to experience more energy and vitality!
What this program is:
- This program is a vitalizing, nutrient-rich way of eating that includes whole food meals, snacks, juices and smoothies. We guide you through when to eat what, and why. It leaves out foods that are inflammatory or are common allergens, as well as those that tend to gum up the works, like sweets, dairy and flour. You will pick your protein source - plant or animal - that's up to you. Specific herbs and supplements are discussed and are an optional component to your cleanse.
What this program is not:
- It is not low calorie, low fat, low carb (veggies, fruits and whole grains are technically carbs!), high fat, vegan or high protein. It is a generally balanced program, which you can tweak to make it work best for you. This is not a rigid sort of thing, it's more of an exploration. In fact some people have come to the classes who aren't even sure they want to cleanse, they just want to learn more.
If you give yourself one month of treating yourself really well, you may find that you ditch old habits that keep you in a loop in less than optimal state and move more fully into your best expression of YOU. You will learn a lot along the way. And we will all be here to support you and offer inspiration, ideas for making food, recipes, and new resources. We wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't fun along the way, and rewarding.